Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Get over the hump....


New Years celebrations were a blast...now it's time to focus on making 2010 great!

Lately I have been focused on two things, Skinfit and training. It feels so good to be back training...can't quite put it into words. I am still skeptical that this thing is healed but I have been progressing nicely and the knee is holding up. My biggest struggle now is just getting over the hump so I can physically handle higher training loads. I am quite literally at ground zero in terms of fitness. Just getting out there in any of three sports is tough from an aerobic standpoint. I know fitness will come quickly for me so I just need to bite the bullet and work hard. I am also trying hard to lose weight (need to drop about 12 lbs) so it won't be an issue in 4-6 weeks and I can just focus on getting fit. This is always hard since my body is used to eating and drinking too much but after a couple weeks the constant hunger seems to subside (or I just accept it and can deal with it.)

Looking forward, I will be focused on the Xterra Cup Series and Xterra Nationals and Worlds. Some smaller races will be added but only as prep for the Cup races. I don't intend to race a lot this year, just target the BIG ones and focus 100% on these. I have a ton going on in my life so I can't be traveling to a lot of races but I will hit the important ones. Plus, I don't believe in racing a lot so focusing on 5-7 races all year is good for me. The good thing is that the Tri Club of SD has a bunch of great events each month so I will use these to knock off the dust and get race ready.

I am finalizing my plans and setting my sites on some big 2010 goals. If I am the only one that believes these goals are attainable then so be it. Athletically, I don't need to prove anything to anyone except for myself. So, I am content with putting my head down and busting my ass everyday to achieve the results I dream of everyday. Truthfully, I have one shot at this so it's time to buckle down and give it a go. I just hope I can stay healthy and give it my best. If I can stay injury free I can close this chapter of my life without regret and a lot of pride in my accomplishments.

So, that is the news from here. Stay tuned and have fun out there!

3 comments:

Matt said...

At least Jess had the where with all to order a draft!

Keep up the good work and I'm about to put that check in the mail, but a beer would be better.

runninggunner said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Looking forward to you kicking some ass in 2010.

Zippy said...

I believe you can. DO IT!