Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cross your fingers

I am feeling really good lately (in terms of not having any knee pain)and part of me feels like this is too good to be true. I have been very careful in my progression and I am doing rehab and ART 3 times a week. I guess after 8 month of pain I can't help but question whether we nailed it this time. I can tell you that I feel an incredible high everyday I am out training. I feel like a little kid running and riding on all of the local trails. I have been in the pool a couple times this week too and I am even enjoying the pain of swimming laps =) It is so true that you don't know what you have until you lose it. For me, I feel like I lost a part of who I am. I won't race forever but I will go out and push myself athletically and I will always cherish the ability to do so.
So, from here I will just keep building and hopefully the knee will remain solid and it won't be an issue. I am on the ground floor in terms of fitness so it will take some time and a lot of hardwork to get back to the level I need to be at to compete but, mentally, I am ready for the challenge. If I can train pain free this year I will be a happy man and deep down I think I can pull off some good results ;)

Enjoy your new year celebrations...I know I will. We are saying goodbye to a tremendously challenging year...one that brought about a lot of heartache but also some of the greatest lessons I have ever learned. I am stronger because of 2009 and I will take that strength with me into 2010. It is going to be a great year...I can just feel it!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Great to see you progressing!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.