Monday, October 5, 2009

How's it been going?

I have been getting this question a lot. For a while there I was feeling awesome, getting in some good training, etc. but then the knee acted up again and I have been hitting PT and ART hard the past week to get healthy again.
The knee still bothers me so the little I have done has been on the bike and some strengthening at Rehab United. Mostly, my focus has been on flexibility and having Patrick at Rehab break up all the "junk" in my muscles. The guy is awesome and if you need some help with flexibility, etc.(which most of us do whether you think so or not)go see Patrick at the Sorrento Valley location.
I have been crazy busy with Skinfit since Kona is next week...shipping orders, getting printing done, and the list goes on and on and on....
Plus, coaching interest has gone way up and I already have some new clients for 2010. I am excited to bring more people on, especially some that are new to the sport of triathlon.
So, how's it been going? I am super busy and I am on a constant quest for health. I just want my knee to be healthy so I can give this whole racing thing one last honest go before I shift gears a bit. It has been stressful at times and I am just trying to roll with it but, at the end of the day, we are a lot better off then most people so we have to be thankful for that.
Busy in my mind is good b/c it means things are happening so for the time being we will just keep plugging along doing what we need to do. I actually have a TON of cool things in the works and if half of them work out it will be good for us and a lot of other people as well.

Here is my new ride that I will use for IM St. George...stoked to get it from Reto. Someone had to actually ride it ;) Not a great picture but you get the idea...pretty sweet ride.


I may actually sell my Cannondale Supersix so if anyone is interested let me know...other then telling you it is 54 cm I don't think I need to really explain how light and responsive this thing is. It is an incredible bike but since I don't really do any road races anymore I am going to stick with my custom built elite...it fits like a glove!

Take care and have fun out there.

No comments: