Monday, May 18, 2009

Great birthday weekend....



I couldn't be in Michigan throwing down, which I was bummed about, but I got to spend my whole birthday weekend with Jess and that made me really happy.
I spent friday and saturday completely resting my knee...no training. I think it was a smart move and my knee is getting better with every passing day. Sunday I tested my knee a bit with a 30 min spin on the trainer...it was good and I had no pain. I tried to jog after my ride and that lasted about 2 minutes before I pulled the plug. I could just feel it wasn't yet ready for the pounding. So, a good first test.
Jess and I then got showered up and went to Saffron to pick up a serious feast. We took the food to the top of Barbara's building to watch the Padres game.

The weather was perfect, the food was amazing, the game was exciting and the beer was flowing. It was truly the perfect way to spend an afternoon...especially when you turn 30! Toward the end of the game a big crew of friends showed up on the roof to hangout and then we got some celebratory beers at a bar down below.

--Pretty horrible view I know ;)

After our adventures downtown Jess and I went to Old Town to grub on some mexican food. I am a total sucker for Old Town mexican food and the meal didn't disappoint. After dinner we rented a movie, relaxed on the couch and then called it a night. It was really a perfect day...thanks Jess for making it so special!

I am hoping this week I will be healed up enough to at least put in some massive time in the water and on my bike. I am doing another test ride here in an hour or so and I am hoping the result is a good one. I have three weeks until my Xterra season gets under way and I just want to be healthy enough to get in a solid build up to the next few races.

Hope you all have a good week out there...have fun!

6 comments:

Matt said...

Saffron and OTM are huge hits in our household! That food will heal almost any ailment. Keep it up!

Marie said...

Glad you had a great day - sounds like a lot of fun! Sorry we missed being with you.

Zippy said...

Happy Birthday "Old Man"! I'm having way more fun in my 30's than I ever did in my 20's. ;)

Paul said...

Happy Birthday dude! Glad to see you are getting better fast. Play it smart.

Ryan Weeger said...

Yeah man Happy Birthday, thanks for having us up there it was good seeing you again and meeting Jess!

Cody Waite said...

Happy B-day Trevor. Looking forward to our visit in Idaho next week!