Friday, February 6, 2009

Getting it done...



The past few days have been packed with training. Okay, well, Wednesday was a little light with just a noon masters session...I switched some days around b/c I was feeling pretty tired after Monday and Tuesday. Thursday, I woke up early to try and beat the rain, which I did. I got in 3 hrs on the mountain bike and followed that up with a fartlek run off the bike. I felt really good on my run. All the core work, strides, running drills are paying off. I haven't done any really hard running/workouts but I feel pretty smooth and light on my feet, which is good since it is only February. After a little grub I got in a strength session and capped off the day with a massage. So, a very solid day yesterday. Today, I logged a morning masters swim and I will do my long run later this afternoon after some rest and work.
This weekend is kind of up in the air as the weather isn't quite cooperating. It looks like Sunday will be fairly nice so that will likely be my long ride day (with a lot of climbing) and Saturday will be another masters session and a hilly endurance run.

I am excited about next week. After my ride on Sunday I am heading up to San Luis Obispo for a week long training camp. I love it up there...the training is amazing (especially the riding) and it is beautiful. I have been itching to get away from "city life" and there is no better place than San Luis Obispo...no crowds, quiet, beautiful scenery, great accommodations, friends, family and the list goes on. Jess is going to join me up there next weekend just in time for Valentine's Day.
That is all I have to report from S.D.
Have fun out there!

4 comments:

Ryan Weeger said...

SLO rocks for sure.. all the talking about it last weekend makes me miss it more. Have fun!

Pedal Circles said...

Sounds like good times! Hope the weather clears so I can try to keep you guys in my sights as you quickly ascend the switchbacks!!

Luke said...

sounds like fun!! amazing at how much training you pack in a given week...i would have 4-5 injuries by now. ;) see ya this weekend!

Jeff Hemperley said...

What do you mean by the wether not cooperating?