Monday, December 15, 2008

Training camp time!

So, today marks the beginning of my "real" training in prep for the 2009 Xterra season. I am in Los Gatos until Christmas looking after Skinfit while Reto is in Europe. That means a nine day training camp is getting under way (literally in 5 min. as I head out the door for my first session, a long run). I will be in full-blown "Rocky" mode...no distractions, no being soft, no alcohol, no heat, only cold showers, and plenty of training in the cold and rain/snow =) Ha, Ha, time to toughen up! The hair is coming off, there are trees in the backyard I plan to chop up and haul to the top of hwy 9(on my shoulders), and when the snow falls I will be out there in only my speedo tearing up the trails ;)
There will be plenty of rides and runs in the Santa Cruz mountains (lots and lots of climbing)and Stanford masters swimming...a recipe for fitness if you ask me. I will post my days activities everyday for 9 days so follow my progress as I kick off the 2009 season...it's going to be a good year, I can feel it!

By the way, Christmas is fast approaching so make sure to make your Skinfit purchases soon...so much great gear that you know you need!!!

2 comments:

Luke said...

a little isolationist training to get things going! hmm...now i'm getting ideas! great way to start a pattern towards success!

jameson said...

i am looking forward to the daily posts... but don't know if agree with the "no alcohol" this time of year.