Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 4

I slept in a bit this morning and then knocked out some Skinfit shipments.
I decided to skip masters today and opted to head out for my trail run around 11. I felt great so I kept running and got in a fairly hilly 1:20. I just love running when the weather is a bit chilly...the air is so refreshing and invigorating. After my run I put in some serious stretch cord time and did core/lower back work. The stretch cords kicked my butt...I love doing these exercises b/c I feel that I get instant gratification in terms of better form, a stronger pull and, overall, just more efficient swimming.
I was going to spin on rollers but the rain was holding off so I hit the road for 1:30 of pure recovery. It felt good to loosen up the legs and get some fresh air before the rain starts falling again.
A fairly uneventful day, especially when compared to yesterday. Tomorrow is more of the same with a masters session (another threshold set that will no doubt destroy me!) and a trainer workout. Sorry for the lack of pictures...I will have more tomorrow and over the weekend.
One announcement is that Xterra released the 2009 race schedule. I will be doing all the cup races (8 in total), which are the races with money and pro points. I will be traveling to some new venues so I am excited about that... Las Vegas, Michigan, Alabama, Vermont, Colorado, Idaho, Utah and they are slated to put two more cup races on the schedule...who know where those will be.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments: