Monday, September 22, 2008

Coaching...

I am currently coaching a couple athletes and, I have to say, I am really enjoying it. I love working with other athletes that have challenging goals and are willing to work hard (and be smart about it) to achieve them. I have always enjoyed helping other athletes, providing them with guidance from my 10+ years of training and racing but in the last year I have come to really embrace coaching and, I can honestly say, I really love it. For me, there is nothing more rewarding then seeing someone achieve their goals after years of hard work.
Coached athletes:
James Walsh
Kevin Cox

Look for these guys to stamp their authority on the Xterra scene. James is fixing to become the Xterra amateur national champion and Xterra amateur world champion...high goals but I truly feel he will achieve them and I can wait to see him do it! He is flying right now, no doubt about it! Kevin is coming back from injury and is looking to qualify for Xterra nationals next year...his journey will be a fun one to follow and I have no doubt he will find new heights in the sport over the next year.

That's it from here...more packing, cleaning and some time on the trails of course.

No comments: