Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A glimpse into my "backyard"

Thought I would share some pictures of the area where I do pretty much all of my mountain biking and running. I am very lucky to have Fort Ord, (home to The Sea Otter Classic, The 2007 24hr mountain bike world champs and a list of other events)an old military base that has been converted to public use land, just a mile down the road from my house. There are 85 miles of maintained trails with plenty of fun singletrack to rip up!


--The "mighty" Salinas River

--Those fields provide you with just about all of the vegetables you consume

--Those glorious green hills!


--Yes, there are sheep for 3 months out of the year. The best is when your flying down some singletrack and come around the corner to a "wall" of them...good thing they are fast suckers b/c I couldn't stop fast enough if I wanted to 99% of the time!

Well, that's my world...come join me whenever you want. Good riding...

No comments: