Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Some progress and another big week

I ate some sushi two days ago and then spent Monday night and all day yesterday feeling terrible. Not exactly a great start to the week but I was feeling much better toward the end of the day yesterday. So, I am back in action.
Finally, I made some progress in the pool this morning. I swim mon-thurs. masters at Monterey Peninsula College and today was a bit of a break through day for me. I am really out of shape in the water so I have been struggling to swim anything fast. I am okay with this as it is still early and fitness will come. This morning I surprised myself a bit and posted some decent early season times.

Here was the workout:
8x200 on 3:00 (1,2,3 descend, 4 easy, 5,6 fast, 7 easy and 8 fast)
-I swam 2:35, 2:30, 2:23, easy, 2:20, 2:20, easy and 2:16
5x100 on 2:00 (1 easy, 2,3 fast, 4 easy, 5 fast)
-I swam 1 easy,1:07, 1:07, easy, 1:06

So, not blazing fast but progress and this is key to my fitness and motivation. I struggle to really push myself in the pool so this is something I am working on. I wouldn't say I pushed myself really, really hard today, I just think fitness and my feel for the water are coming around. Now, if I can push myself as hard as I can on the run and bike I should be swimming even faster. One thing at a time though.

I have another big week planned before a rest week. I have plenty of work to do so my training will be fit in whenever possible but I will log some mega miles through the weekend. That rest week will be much needed!
Stay tuned and have a good one!

No comments: