Monday, December 10, 2007

Great weekend and now it's crunch time!


Originally I planned to do some fun, group rides/runs over the weekend as part of my last prep before my base phase, which starts today. Plans changed as Jess and I decided to get the house ready for Christmas (on Saturday) and the great weather opened the doors to some excitement with good friends down at the beach (on Sunday). I will be training for the next 10 or 11 months so an opportunity to spend some time with those closest to me wasn't something I was about to pass up.
Saturday Jess and I bought our Christmas tree and then went on a decorating rampage...with some wine of course!



--Big Mike showing some Christmas spirit

On Sunday, we went down to the beach, got out the cruising bikes and rode along the coast for a little while taking in the beautiful weather. We made it to our destination and put back some tasty apps and a tall beer. After the grub we went into Monterey to catch a movie. Overall, we had a great weekend and it was so nice to spend some quality time with Jess and friends.







Today marks the official start of my 2008 Xterra campaign. I start my first of 3 base phases. This first 3 week base phase will consist of endurance rides and runs (sophie loves this time of year!), master's swim workouts and weights. Nothing will be really hard, just nice and steady to build an aerobic base for more intense training down the road. I am excited to get under way and I feel confident that 2008 will be a very solid year for me. I have set some lofty goals but with hard work they are within reach. Going into my 3rd season I feel like I know what I have to do to achieve my goals, which is a nice feeling. Now it is time to put my plan into action...Xterra 2008 here I come!

No comments: