Sunday, July 1, 2007

Back to work...Maui here I come!

It has been a great 2 week break! I have spent plenty of time relaxing and catching up on all of the things that have been pushed aside for the past several months.
Jess and I hungout at the beach, down in San Luis Obispo and Big Sur, up in S.F. and we shared a lot of great beer, wine and food.
Now that the batteries are recharged and the body is healed I am more then ready to get back into full training mode. I am excited about the next four months b/c I know that with hard work and dedication I can achieve my ultimate goal of winning the overall amateur title at the World Championships in Maui. While this is a tough goal I feel that I am capable of it and, after my last race in Richmond, I am out to prove myself. Plus, goals are meant to push you and I believe that without high goals you will never achieve your true potential.
I will begin with a couple weeks of base miles to build up my endurance and then after that it is game time...the hard work begins!

Here is my schedule:
-July 14/15th--mountain bike race
-August 5th--Xterra Snow Valley
-August 25th--Xterra Wild Ride or Santa Barbara long-course*
-September 1st--24 hour mountain bike world championships (3-man team)
-September 8th--Pacifc Grove Triathlon
-September 30th--Xterra Nationals
-October 28th--Xterra Worlds!
*may not race

Stay tuned. I will continue to post entries as I move toward the big day...The Xterra World Championships October 28th.
Take care
Trevor

No comments: